The San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District provides reliable supplemental water for the communities of Alhambra, Azusa, Monterey Park, and Sierra Madre in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
The District is a State Water Contractor, authorized to import supplies from the State Water Project to supplement local groundwater supplies for its member cities. The supplemental water is channeled through the District’s pipeline and system of turnouts to spreading grounds that are operated and maintained by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works. The water gradually percolates into the aquifer before it is pumped out and delivered to the District’s member cities.
In addition to supplemental water, the District provides its member cities with:
– Technical and engineering expertise
– Grants and low-interest loans for water supply and water quality infrastructure
– Grants and zero-interest loans for pandemic-related water projects
– Funding for pilot water conservation projects.
The District assists its member cities with:
– Rebates for water-efficient products and appliances
– Conservation education
– School education programs
– Drought education
– Crisis communications
For details on our four member cities’ water supply and water conservation programs, please visit their websites.